The Canson® Art School Awards are back for their 7th Edition with many new features!
Created in 2011, the Canson® Art School Awards have always sought to support art students in their progression towards an artistic career.
Remaining faithful to this vocation, the Canson® Art School Awards have gone a step further in this 7th edition, now offering art students an unprecedented prize and also taking a pan-European direction!
The Canson® Art School Awards in short
With the desire to provide opportunities for everyone and support young contemporary creators, Canson® is using the Canson® Art School Awards to offer talented young students the opportunity to take a first step in their art careers.
The Canson® Art School Awards are an artistic competition reserved solely for art students (in art schools or university art faculties). For each discipline, there will be 3 prizes awarded by a jury made up of professionals from the world of art as well as a Public Prize awarded via popular vote.
Registration is free and can be completed in several minutes at www.CansonArtSchoolAwards.com.
7th Edition: a redesigned first prize
The student winning the 1st prize in each discipline will be awarded a prize that will be very useful for them:
- 10,000€ to enable the student to focus on their work without worrying about their material needs,
- Their work reproduced on a limited edition series of Canson® products to be distributed all over the world, to give them the necessary visibility to make their mark on the world of graphic art,
- 1,500€ worth of Canson® paper so that they will have the best quality materials to design and craft their work,
- The creation and printing of a catalogue of the student’s works so that they will have the "best possible calling cards" to present themselves to the professional art world.
In summary, the Canson® Art School Awards are designed, more than ever before, to be a springboard to accelerate a student’s career!
Other new features of the Canson® Art School Awards…
- The Canson® Art School Awards has enlarged its scope. Now, students from all over Europe will be able to participate in the competition and try to win the first prize.
- The proposed disciplines have been redesigned for more clarity: students will now be able to choose between two categories: “Free Technique on paper” (including painting, drawing, digital art, collage, art prints, etc) and “Photography”.
- The competition rules have been relaxed to allow students to be able to participate whatever the format of their work. Works must simply be larger than A6. Everything, or almost everything, is allowed, since students also have complete freedom with regards to the subject-matter!
- Registration: 28th October 2016 - 15th February 2017
- Jury selection of prize-winners: between 16th February and 15th March 2017
- Facebook vote / Choice of Public’s prize: 16th February - 1st March 2017
- Results published online: 15th March 2017
Having always manufactured their papers in Annonay, France, with exports to over 150 countries, Canson® is the world leader in fine art papers, as well as a key player in conservation products, educational and hobby papers, as well as technical and digital materials.